Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just Your God?

Good Morning Saints!
During my readings this morning, I was struck by the fact that we often talk, think, and preach about the difference prayer makes in difficult situations.  And, I believe it. However, think about the times we pray about a person or situation that is hindering us. When we are asking God for help, do we also pray for the person who has caused the hurt or pain? It's important that we do. You see, our God, if we actually believe He is a miracle-worker, can heal the person that is causing our pain or frustration. As I take the time to look back over my life, I realize that I may have eventually prayed for troublesome people, but it definitely wasn't my first thought or prayer. Let's try to remember to lift those that cause pain, affliction, and discord, for they are sick(emotionally or physically)and they need to be healed, just as much as we need them to become less troublesome. Remember, Christ came for the sick-to renew, recover and reconcile them to His Kingdom. Let's begin to look at our adversaries through Christ's lenses and lift them up in prayer. I'm especially thinking of all of those saints in the workplace who are at their "wit's-end" and trying to keep it together. May you be blessed and the weeds removed from your soul.
Psalm 55:22  Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Richly Blessed
I asked God for strength that
I might achieve.  
I was made weak that
 I might learn humbly to obey. 
I asked for health that
 I might do greater things.
 I was given infirmity that
I might do better things. 
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
 I was given poverty that
I might be wise. 
I asked for power that
I might have the praise of men. 
I was given weakness that
I might feel the need of God. 
I asked for all things that
I might enjoy life. 
I was given life that I might enjoy all things. 
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
 Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.                                                                        ~Author Unknown

Pin It button on image hover