Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Are Ready for the New Year?

Good Morning Saints!
I hope you enjoyed yesterday's prayer. Today, I want to examine our path for the new year. As Christians, we are constantly asking for our paths to be guided by the Lord. However, I challenge you to go back over the past year and write down all of the "Stumbles" and "Celebrations" that occurred in your life since January 2010.  Divide your paper into two columns and label them, accordingly. I'm serious! This works! This exercise requires you to seriously "look-back."  Just take a few moments to sit down and examine your life, using this method.  If you keep a diary or journal, look through your entries from 2010. Examine the stumbles and celebrations;-) After you finish your list(you should make a list even if you have a journal), take the time to think about each event and how you reacted and why. Now, write down what you learned from examining these life events and what you will do in the future to cause more celebrations and hold your stumbles at-bay. Fortunately, no matter how hard we try, we will stumble.  Why is this a fortunate part of life? Well, with no stumbling, there's no learning--no realizing His grace--no need to humble ourselves in His Word. So, be thankful for your falls, but wise enough not to step in the same "cow-patty" twice;-) I hope you take the time to follow this exercise sometime before the new year. Take time to sit down and meditate on Him and how great he has been and how great He will continue to be. Many blessings, saints!

Scripture of the Day
Isaiah 30: 20-21

Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink,  
He will still be with you 
to teach you.  
You will see your teacher 
with your own eyes. 
Your own ears will hear Him. 

Right behind you a Voice will say, 
“This is the way you should go,” 
whether to the right or to the left.


Music for the Day

Craft for the Day



























Direct My Steps, Lord
Isaiah 30: 20-21
Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, 
He will still be with you to teach you. You will see your teacher 
with your own eyes. 
Your own ears will hear Him.  
Right behind you a Voice will say, 

“This is the way you should go,” 
whether to the right or to the left.

Dear and Precious Lord,
There is so much that I want to accomplish for You, in this lifetime.  
Yet, my thoughts are scattered and my path is unclear.
 I ask that You clear my thoughts and direct my footsteps so that
I may be a vessel for Your work. 
Place me where You want me to be.
Keep me safe in the face of danger.
 Put the words in my mouth that You would have me say.
For, I know that I am useless without You, but made invincible,
with You at my side.
 Although I may be afraid,
give me the courage to set my fear aside, and follow Your path. 
Remove all of my obstacles, Lord,
 And illuminate my way.  
Let Your work be done, in me, through me, and in spite of me. 
This, I ask, in
Your Most Holy Name….Amen.


~prayer notes~
Pin It button on image hover