Monday, December 27, 2010

Be Ready for the Arrows!

Good Morning Saints!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend, in celebration of the Lord's birth. This morning, I am on the run.  I have to take my youngest to get his driving permit, "unbeknownst"(is that a word?) to me, until a few minutes ago.  So, forgive any mistakes, as I have no time to check everything. However, I wanted to leave you with something that has been on my heart this weekend and last Friday, as well. Remember the time of turmoil that spoke of in Friday's post? Well, the prayer at the end of this post was another outcry to the Lord. I knew that He was holding me, but I still wept, hurt, and wondered why I had to be subjected to this nonsense. Now, being a believer, I should have picked up my cross and bore this burden without complaint. I didn't. I fell short! I kept kicking that cross around and refusing it. "NO-I don't deserve this...Why me..."  But, you know what? He carried me all the way through this time of turmoil. He carried me when I thought I was alone. He carried me when I made terrible decisions. He carried me.... And, He will carry you too! Have a blessed day!
Scripture of the Day
Psalms 11:2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.


Music of the Day
Craft of the Day
One of my bookmarks from my eBay shop.
 The prayer reads:
Storms
Isaiah 38: 14
I cried like a swift or thrush,
 I moaned like a mourning dove.
 My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens.  I am troubled;                                                                                 O Lord, come to my aid!

Dear and Precious Lord,
The storm is raging….
 My world is falling apart and I am too weak to think of my next steps.
 I know that all I need to do, is turn my thoughts to You and You will deliver me from this pain, confusion, and emptiness that breaks my heart.
 I have asked You:  “Why me?” 
But, Lord, You have sealed the answer upon my heart: 
“If not you, then who...? 
Who would you wish this pain upon,
my child?” 
And, my humble answer: 
“No one.”
Oh, but how my heart breaks, even though
 I know that You are by my side and holding me close.
 Lord, I am lost and my faith is weak,
as my pain has clouded my path. 
Just be with me, Lord, and carry me,
while I am too weak to walk with You. 
Just carry me, dear Lord….Amen.
~prayer notes~



Pin It button on image hover