Friday, December 17, 2010

In His Footsteps

Good Morning Saints!
Happy Friday! I hope you enjoyed listening to Coko's, "I Get Joy," yesterday. Isn't it a great song?! This morning, as I was reading one of my lessons in Our Daily Bread, the author asked that we place Jesus' name wherever we saw the word, love, in 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8.  The next step was to place our name in the place of love...  Here is the exercise.  Try it!

 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails....

Wow! You know, we could use this scripture, alone, as a script for leading our lives and we would still fail. Not to worry! Christ died for our sins, for He knew this was impossible for us, even on our best days;-) But, it is a "way" to guide our life walk.  I've decided to make a bookmark for this particular scripture, that reminds me to place myself in the place of the word, "love." I'll post it in my blog, when it's developed.  What a great reminder to walk and talk what is already written upon our souls!  Have a "love"ly Friday;-)

Scripture for the Day

The Cost of Following Jesus
 57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
 59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”
   But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”
 60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”
 61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
 62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”


Craft for the Day






Pin It button on image hover