Friday, December 24, 2010

Open My Heart, Lord

Good Morning Saints!
I hope you are all ready for Christmas! I have a little more grocery shopping to do, but other than that, I'm done with running around. Today, I want to share a special prayer that I have written. First, let's go back to to how this prayer came about....

Years ago, while working in a horrible situation, I harbored a great deal of hate and resentment for a few people who had the authority and capacity to hurt me. Now, being a Christian and trying to follow in Christ's path, these characteristics are not in accordance with His Word. I prayed, meditated, stayed in His Word, and wrestled day and night, hour by hour, and minute by minute, in order to cleanse my heart and soul.  It was not easy, but I was finally free, and from that moment forward, I have looked at people differently--being less judgemental and more forgiving--not consistently, but more than I ever have before.  Of course, this is easier to do when you are not working with cruel people;-) But, I digress. This prayer was born out of my time of turmoil and I hope it will help you when and if you encounter horrid situations. 
Be Blessed, Saints!! 
Merry Christmas!

Scripture & Prayer for the Day
Open My Heart, Lord
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us
from all unrighteousness.

Dear and Precious Lord,
Please, open my heart…. 
Allow me to accept Your ways,
Your words, Your forgiveness,
 and Your love.
If only, I can hear a word from You,
I know that everything will
be all right. 
My heart will be cleansed
and opened to You.
This simple prayer,
I ask of You,
My Savior,
My Christ,
My All.
 Amen
  ~prayer notes~
Nn
Music for the Day
                          Give me a Clean Heart

Craft for the Day




Pin It button on image hover