Monday, December 13, 2010

Praying for Enemies

Good Morning Saints!
I hope you had a great weekend! I spent a lot of time completing customers' Christmas orders and researching February/Valentine's creations.  Today, I would like to discuss praying for our enemies.  As I speak to friends, family and people in the workplace, the topic of discussion somehow leads to working with obstinate, angry and cruel people. Well, we are going to have to live with them, so my conclusion and the conclusion of many of the disciples of the Bible is that we must pray for our enemies. God is bigger than our enemies and situations and can work miracles.  It is not for us to change them--it's not our job.  Our job is to know that they can be changed through His grace and power. What we can do, is ask for the Lord to give us strength to withstand their presence and arrows of scorn. And, we must ask for strength to hold our own arrows at bay, which I believe is much more difficult than the latter.  In Matthew 5:43-48, we are told to love our enemies:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

This is easier said than done, so we must stay in prayer in order to be able to do this. And, I'm speaking from experience! I have written a prayer for myself and anyone who finds themselves in "fiery" situations. This prayer was personalized for another saint who was going through an adverse situation.  I can prepare one just for you, also. Blessings!

Craft for the Day




Pin It button on image hover