Friday, December 31, 2010

So Shocked and Hurt by Betrayal?

Good Morning Saints!
I have been thinking about this topic for quite some time. Why? Well, as I look back over the times I have felt shocked or hurt over the betrayal of a friend, co-worker or loved-one, it amazes me to think that I was so blinded to the ways of mankind. I don't know about you, but I have been utterly bamboozled as to why someone would say, do or think cruel things about/to me. Why? I mean, why am I soooooo shocked? As a Christian, have I not read the Good Book and the numerous, countless, endless stories of betrayal, not the mention the most heartbreaking betrayal by Judas? Now, if we are the believers we say we are, and we have studied and are studying His Word, why do we think it "unbelievable" that another human being, maybe even someone we love...

  • lied to us?
  • stole from us?
  • talked negatively about us?
  • physically hurt us?
  • emotionally hurt us?
  • used us?
Yes, it is going to hurt! There's no way around it. Jesus cried out in the Garden of Gethsemane! So, from now on, we must try to get past that hurt, and move toward forgiveness. Move on, move away, think about the situation, return, stay away....but, by all means, move ahead, learn and forgive. We must look at ourselves as believers  who will be hurt, but not destroyed. There is no destruction with Christ as our Fortress. In the midst of the betrayal and after the betrayal, we must ask for a forgiving heart, for a heart most like Jesus' heart, a heart that expands, after a betrayal. Aren't you glad He was born for us, forgave us, and died for us? All we can do is try to be more like our Father every day....  Be blessed!

Scripture for the Day
Matthew 26: 36-39
36 Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”
 39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Music for the Day(You are the Living Word)

Craft for the Day
TRIUMPH!

 



Pin It button on image hover