Thursday, December 30, 2010

To Blend or Not to Blend

Good Morning Saints!
Did you like the song by Ginny Owens? I thought it was perfect setting for Psalm 23. Today, the topic at hand is whether or not we should blend in with the rest of the crew at work, home, play, church, or wherever we might be. Let's face it, blending in is easy and nonthreatening. Plus, it's okay to blend in when the blending stands for the "right thing." But, how many times have we blended in or not rocked the boat because it was easier or it just didn't concern us-at least, not directly? Too many. And, yes, I'm talking about "not getting involved," also. Sometimes, people are ostracized, shunned, and left to suffer alone, because of something they did, said, or didn't do...wouldn't say. As Christians, we have to make sure we are standing on the side of what is right instead of on the side of those with might. This can be so difficult, as we don't want to be the one who is shunned. But, we have to stay steeped in His Word, ask for courage, and walk on the side that is written upon our hearts. As I think back to my younger years(that was a looonnng time ago;-), I realize that I was alone quite a bit-maybe what some would call a loner. Oh, I always talked to people, but I kept most of them at a distance, knowing there would be a price to pay: groups to join, people to like or not like. Nope, I wanted to be free to make my own alliances. This is somewhat selfish-a sheltering of the soul-unwillingness to share my heart. So, not blending can be a problem, too. No matter what road we take, blending or not blending, we must make sure we allow His Light to shine...through our words, actions and thoughts. Blessings, Saints!

Scripture of the Day
Matthew 5:13-15 (New International Version, ©2010)
Salt and Light
    13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
   14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

Music for the Day(I Won't Complain)


Craft for the Day

This is a custom order of ceramic coasters,
 holding a version of the Lord's Prayer, I created for one of my customers.
They are decoupaged, glittered, sealed, and fitted with cork footing.



Pin It button on image hover