Friday, January 28, 2011

Doing My Thing or Following Someone Else?

Good Morning Saints,
Today, as I was reading my Bible and other spiritual readings, I thought about our need "to do something" in order to feel our "self-worth." When we are in constant movement and thought of "getting it done," we sometimes, miss the purpose or task we need to fulfill. For instance, we see others achieving tasks that we would like to achieve. Well, what the Lord has given them to do, may not be for you. It may look good, smell good, taste good, and sound good, but you need to "Step-Back," because it may not "be good" for you or those in your life. I know that this is difficult to accept, but you have specific tasks to accomplish for the Lord and that may mean "waiting"--AAARRGGHH! Oh, what a disturbing word for those of us who need "to do!!!" But, if we will be patient and wait, we will be ready for our next steps/tasks. For instance, I'll use a small example about myself: I see things that I would love to create. I love to craft! Other people seem to be creating and doing well---I don't want to be left behind! But, you know what? Every single time I do this, it is soooooooooo unfulfilling that I have to wonder why I wasted my time. Nowadays, I tend to admire, but if it doesn't give me a spiritual nudge, then it stops at admiration and I continue on my own personal creative voyage. It's as simple as that!

In waiting upon our tasks, we sometimes imitate others. Well, this may be a way of learning or branching out, but just remember, you have a very specific role/task to fulfill. You are SPECIAL and God has something JUST FOR YOU! You can imitate and copy others and they can imitate and copy you, but you are the ONLY ONE who can perform the deed like the Lord wants you to---and with the results He guarantees. So, don't be distressed or get tired of waiting. Listen to the Still Small Voice and be ready when He calls you to service. Blessings and Much love! See you, Monday.

Scripture for the Day
And he [the Lord] said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind and earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
-- I Kings 19: 11-12 (KJV)

Music for the Day
Craft of the Day






Pin It button on image hover