Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Hey Saints!
Do you sing in/during the rain? Well, sometimes it's hard to hold a tune, but I'm learnin' to sing and dance a little, too, during the downpour;-) I wish I had known that He was in control when I was younger. I have been a Christian since my elementary years, but as I think back, those years were my growing years, instead of my knowing years(I'm still growing in Him, too). I cried when it rained or either I was too blind to see the rain. Nowadays, I see the storm cloud forming, view the lightening, hear the thunder, and pick up my umbrella(The Lord) to shield a little of the rain, and keep on going. Sometimes, I even sing while I'm walking in the rain! Yep, I may even throw my hands up in praise. Boy, it is amazing how we change as we stay in His Word. It is like being in a whole other dimension and watching life through "God-colored lenses." Saints, I pray that we all continue to sing a little song of praise during the downpour and do the "mash-potatoes"( a dance from long ago), as we walk this journey for our Lord. Blessings, Saints!

Scripture of the Day
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)

Music of the Day(The Storm is Over, Now)
Craft/Prayer of the Day
Storms
Isaiah 38: 14
I cried like a swift or thrush,
I moaned like a mourning dove.
My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens.  
I am troubled; O Lord, come to my aid!

Dear and Precious Lord,
The storm is raging….
 My world is falling apart and I am too weak to think of my next steps.
 I know that all I need to do, is turn my thoughts to You and You will deliver me from this pain, confusion, and emptiness that breaks my heart.
 I have asked You:  “Why me?” 
But, Lord, You have sealed the answer upon my heart:  “If not you, then who...? 
Who would you wish this pain upon,
my child?” 
And, my humble answer: 
“No one.”
Oh, but how my heart breaks, even though
 I know that You are by my side and holding me close.
 Lord, I am lost and my faith is weak,
as my pain has clouded my path. 
Just be with me, Lord, and carry me,
while I am too weak to walk with You. 
Just carry me, dear Lord….Amen.
~prayer notes~

  
Pin It button on image hover