Friday, February 4, 2011

Being A Part of The Group: I Don't Think So!

Good Morning Saints,
Upon my heart this glorious winter morning, rests the burden of joining groups and causes. Why is this upon my heart?  Well, I have been asked to join numerous political/ethical groups/causes. I must say that the only group I belong to, faithfully and wholeheartedly, is The Church-and just look at the problems that abound within! Now, I do belong to a sorority, a local church, book clubs, etc., but I do not believe in pressing my spiritual and ethical beliefs upon others. If they ask, it's on! ;-)  But, as far as shouting, pressing, persecuting and hating at/on others, I just cannot see it. I do not believe Jesus would have joined groups and causes that used their "stronghold" to put-down or persecute others. And, I'm sure He would have made enemies with the other members, because He was constantly questioning the "heart" and its intentions. However, according to The Word, He became angry, hurt and frustrated by the heartless and blind-hearted people that He encountered. I believe He hurt for our souls. In support of this, read the following:

 When Jesus cleared the temple of the moneychangers and animal-sellers, He showed great emotion and anger (Matthew 21:12-13Mark 11:15-18John 2:13-22). Jesus’ emotion was described as “zeal” for God’s house (John 2:17). His anger was pure and completely justified because at its root was concern for God’s holiness and worship. Because these were at stake, Jesus took quick and decisive action. Another time Jesus showed anger was in the synagogue of Capernaum. When the Pharisees refused to answer Jesus’ questions, “He looked around at them in anger, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts” (Mark 3:5).  (courtesy of http://www.gotquestions.org)

We must be careful in joining our groups, as we cannot testify to the heart of all of those involved. Now, I must say, I DO speak out about practices I disagree with--practices that are inhuman, etc. But, I have to be careful, for there are times when what I FEEL is not what IS RIGHT.  Sometimes, we are so filled with doing the "right thing," that we miss conducting ourselves in a Christ-like manner. Everything that feels right, is not always right. Take it from someone who has walked that path! Every step you take, you must ask yourself: Would my God condone this? Am I using His Word to punish others who are doing things that I disagree with?  Am I being the judge and jury of this person?  Am I without sin and the caster of stones? Could this person throw stones back, breaking my glass house, IF they peeped into my little closet of righteousness? None of us on this earth may cast stones at another, for we all live in glass houses. Now, some of us live in glass houses with The Rock as our foundation--that's the house I choose to live in! Wear The Word correctly and with a humble heart, saints! Be blessed!

Scripture for the Day
My Rock and My Fortress
Of David. Psalm 144: 1-2
1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock,
who trains my hands for war,
and my fingers for battle;
2 he is my steadfast love and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield and he in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoplesa under me.


Music for the Day(Mahalia Jackson)


Craft for the Day( My series of personalized blessings journals)






Pin It button on image hover