Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Follow Him Through the Storm

Good Morning Saints,
It's still cold in Denver. But, I believe we are at 6 degrees, today! That's better than yesterday! Today, I want to discuss "storms." If you have been following, you know that I have written a series of storm-like entries. I think that it is important to discuss our storms and dissect them. Yes, dissect! Why? Well, I believe that God allows storms so that we will become stronger and to bring our views, words and actions into a "personal court." We need to be on the lookout, steadily listening, and following the path that the Lord has placed before us. And, of course, this path will encompass storms---storms of every magnitude: thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes and so on. But, on our way through whatever we encounter, we have a choice of growing closer to the Lord and clinging to His Hand or feeling sorry for ourselves and losing hope. I've been in both places and I'm here to tell you that clinging to His Hand is the most rewarding, loving and promising path. Now, I'm not saying that I look forward to storms, but I definitely "RUN," top speed, for refuge in His Word--into His Open Arms. I do not play around, thinking that I am strong and ready. No way! For, when I think I am the strongest, the gales of my storm are wickedly cunning, so I get ready in the Word with eyes wide open, like little saucers. Yep, I cling to His Hand and use His Sword of Truth to defeat my foes. Yes, I am weak, but He is strong. Be Blessed!

Scripture of the Day

Psalm 119: 133
Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
Music of the Day
Craft/Prayer of the Day
This is one of my prayers, written during a time of "going-through." It's introduced by Isaiah 38: 14. It will be in my eBay store, soon!

Isaiah 38: 14

I cried like a swift or thrush,
 I moaned like a mourning dove. 
My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens.  I am troubled;  O Lord, come to my aid!                                                                          
Dear and Precious Lord,
The storm is raging….
 My world is falling apart and I am too weak to think of my next steps.
 I know that all I need to do, is turn my thoughts to You and You will deliver me from this pain, confusion, and emptiness that breaks my heart.
 I have asked You:   “Why me?” 
But, Lord, You have sealed the answer upon my heart:
 “If not you, then who...? 
Who would you wish this pain upon,
 my child?” 
And, my humble answer: 
“No one.”
Oh, but how my heart breaks,
even though
 I know that You are by my side and holding me close.
 Lord, I am lost and my faith is weak,
as my pain has clouded my path. 
Just be with me, Lord, and carry me,
while I am too weak to walk with You. 
Just carry me, dear Lord….Amen.

~prayer notes~



Pin It button on image hover