Monday, February 14, 2011

Is Jesus a Slot Machine for Wishes and Petitions?

Good Morning Saints!
I hope you had a great weekend. I worked in my studio and tried to create beautiful and prayer-filled items for my customers. But, overall, I made sure that I was rested and ready for another week of love and inspiration! Today, I want to discuss the beauty of being able to ask our Lord for anything. In Luke 11, we are told:  


9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Now, in your mind, does that mean that we are able to ask for anything and it magically appears? If you read the whole chapter and referring chapters on asking and receiving, you will notice that each time our Lord uses an example of receiving, it is for an essential--a need--helping others, and so-on. When you are in accordance with His Word, meditating on Him, and trying to fervently walk in His Light, your petitions become genuine and in line with His Kingdom. I have heard people say that you just need to ask for this or that, and you will receive it. But, my question is whether or not you are asking in accordance to His Will. As you grow closer to the Lord, you will find that your petitions are aimed toward bringing you and others into His Kingdom, more than on acquiring "things" to make you happy(because your happiness becomes intermingled with Him). I believe many material things are given to us, but that we don't see them as necessities, as we grow closer in our walk. I try to use my material resources to help others and myself, during this journey. Now, I don't always have this in mind when I start out on a particular mission, but if I stay steeped in His Word, my limited little eyes will be opened and I will be granted "sight" for my next steps. Stay steeped and continue to ask for His grace, saints!

Scripture for the Day

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 (New International Version, ©2010)

12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[a] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,
   “Who has known the mind of the Lord
   so as to instruct him?”[b]
   But we have the mind of Christ.

Music for the Day(God Made Me)
Craft for the Day(This week's giveaway)


Pin It button on image hover