Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Journey....

Morning Saints!
Have you ever felt like it was time for you to do something new? Maybe, you felt like you weren't reaching your full potential. Well, I definitely felt this way a few years ago and I made a change; a drastic change. It shocked everyone--my family, included. I was an educator for around 20 years and became an administrator for the last 2 years. The last few years were not pleasant. To make a long story short: I needed to make a change-a drastic change! Most people that knew me did not understand this change, but it had to happen. Am I sorry? NO! I love creating and crafting for the Lord. I feel that it is part of my purpose and I do not expect anyone else to understand, for what He gave to me, He gave to me, only. It may look funny, smell funny, feel funny, but it's all mine--my gift to be shared with those who see the Light that He has given me. All of us have a gift to be shared with others. And, in our hearts, we know when the gift is genuine--when it has served its purpose---when it's time to move forward to the next step. Do not be discouraged or dismayed by the comments or obstacles set in your way by those that  do not understand. Stay focused on your gift and stay steeped in the Word! Walk on! Blessings!

Scripture for the Day

1 Timothy 4:14-16 (New International Version, ©2010)

14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
 15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Music for the Day(Jesus Jazz-Instrumental)

Craft/Writing for the Day(New Journey Prayer)
Dear and Precious Lord, 
I bow my head in surrender,
as I ask You to raise me,
so that I will have the courage
to begin
a journey that I have been
dreaming of...
the dream of helping and lifting others and being able to withstand the obstacles that will surely stand in my way. 
Please, tame the fear of being cast aside and trampled by those that hold contempt for kind hearts. 
I know that if You are with me,
no one can be against me. 
Yet, I grow weary and tired thinking about the trials to come. 
Lift me, dear Lord,
as You have done
 so many times before. 
Please, continue to carry me when
I want to give up. 
Set me upon a pedestal
of love and hope,
that I might continue to do
Your good works
and bring glory to Your Kingdom. 
In Your Holy Name.  Amen.

~prayer notes~
Pin It button on image hover