Thursday, February 3, 2011

Still or at Play: A Praying Spirit

Good Morning Saints!
Today, I'd like to discuss a praying spirit. This is a subject that is close to my heart, as it is something I try to keep alive inside of me, every moment. No matter what I am doing, I try to keep Christ at the forefront of my thoughts. Yep, all the time! What does that mean and how does that look for me? Well, first of all, in order to stay filled with the Spirit I must stay filled with the Word. I meditate, read and pray on a daily basis. This is my spiritual food to fuel my thoughts and guide my walk. This beautiful ritual keeps me balanced and it stills my heart and mouth, allowing me the privilege to think before speaking and writing. Do I go around trying to look and sound holy? Please! I have to stay focused on what's inside! I definitely don't have time to put on facades for the world. Do I go about my day smiling and happy? When I feel like smiling. Most days, I am filled with a deep joy and sense of contentment. I think the best way to describe "how it looks" is---I'm free to be open to myself, first, which enables me to be open and free with others. I'm just okay to be me and wear the Spirit. This allows me to focus on the people and environments surrounding me, creating an incredible awareness that is only available through His Spirit. What does your Christian walk look like from day to day? Let me know! Blessings!

Scripture for the Day
Psalm 16: 9
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety. 


Music for the Day( A Praying Spirit)

Craft for the Day





Pin It button on image hover