Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Easter and Thoughts of Sacrifice

Good Mornin' Saints!
Easter is right around the corner! This holiday brings back many memories of childhood. For instance, when I was very little(5-8 years old), I remember pretty pastel ruffled dresses, pink and yellow Easter baskets filled with goodies and attending church(eagerly awaiting the Easter-egg hunt, afterwards). Soon, these "fun times" gave way to a more sophisticated understanding of Easter and its meaning, thanks to my family and the Sisters of Mercy(nuns) that taught at my school. The same year that I became more aware of Christ and the meaning of Easter, an article about a little girl who manifested nail wounds and bleeding from the palm of her hands, set off a series of stigmata research for me. At that time, we didn't have computers, so the local library became my best friend. I found numerous articles siting saints and others who manifested similar wounds of Christ's crucifixion. Of course, most of the research was limited and still is. However, Easter has remained a dear and spiritual holiday for me. Like many of you, I create a huge meal in celebration of the Lord's rising-new hope and life-for believers. You will find a few of the prayers/crafts I have written/created for this holiday, showcased below. Blessings!

Scripture for the Day
Colossians 3:1-4

So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

Music for the Day

Crafts for the Day(just listed these in my ebay and etsy shops, yesterday!)






Pin It button on image hover