Monday, March 21, 2011

Whispers: Good or Bad?

Mornin' Saints,
Today, during my meditation time, I read a lesson from ODB that really got me to thinking about how we are perceived when whispering a comment to another. I know that I become mildly curious when people are whispering. Sometimes, I wonder if it is about me or if there is something happening that I am missing. But, for the most part, I discount their whispering quickly and go about my business. There are many references in the Bible that look upon whispering in a negative light. If one thinks about this for a while, whispering can very likely be taken as negative. Now, there are many times that we are whispering to our kids to  behave or pointing out something to a spouse or friend. In fact, I want to believe that most times, it's an innocent comment or observation being made during an inopportune time to speak aloud, that causes us to whisper.  The "whispering" in the Bible refers to unpleasant comments and unsavory words about a situation or person. Either way we look at it, we must be careful whispering about each other or situations, overall, if it makes others uncomfortable.  If we are ashamed to shout it, then we should probably not whisper it, either. Food for thought. Blessings!

Scripture of the Day
Proverbs 16:28
 A perverse man sows strife,
      And a whisperer separates the best of friends.

Music for the Day

Craft for the Day(Jehovah magnets!)




Pin It button on image hover