Monday, April 25, 2011

Gotta' Use that Faith and Power!

Good Morning Saints,
I hope you had wonderful Easter weekend, in remembrance of His sacrifice for us. This weekend, I thought about how many times we ask for the power of the Holy Spirit and do not always use the power after it is given. Now, I believe that this happens, sometimes, because we are afraid and in need of more faith. Just take a few minutes to think about the times you have asked for His power. I bet the times are too numerous to count or remember, which is great. But, how much more would we accomplish and be able to testify about, if we took the time to ask, accept, give thanks for, and use with discretion? I believe we walk around without using the power available to us. We have to become more aware and faithful. There are so many times that I have asked for His power to overcome situations, that I cannot count them. And, there are times that I have asked and not given the prayer a second thought--not proud of this. Hence, the creation of my blessings journals. I believe in writing about our walk with the Lord. It is so wonderful to go back and read your prayers and thoughts. You are able to see tremendous growth in your faith and walk. Today, I challenge you to find a way to remember your requests and give thanks for the faithful answers and power He has given you, time and time, again. Be blessed! 

Scripture for the Day

Mark 11:20-25 (New International Version, ©2011)

 20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”
   22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[a] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

Music for the Day


Craft for the Day


Pin It button on image hover