Friday, April 22, 2011

Holy Friday and This Week's Winner

Good Morning Saints!
Today, I'd like to wish you all a Holy Friday and blessed remembrance of some of Jesus' last words: Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34). Even in His last breaths, He thought of us. How many of us can say that we would ask forgiveness during our darkest hour, for those who have tortured, taunted and smiled in our demise?  This should be contemplated... I would like to think that I am "there," but I know better. Emotions, emotions, emotions... get in the way. We must stay steeped in the Word, wrapped in prayer and focused on meditation, as much as possible, in order to control the "self-first" emotions. I will end with Jesus' last recorded sentences:

Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)

Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)

Woman, here is your son... Here is your mother (John 19:26)

Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani? (My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?) (Mark 15:34)

I am thirsty (John 19:28)

It is finished (John 19:30)

Father, into your hands I commend my spirit (Luke 23:46)

Music for the Day-Calvary

Craft for the Day and the Winner: Kippyssomature
This is a great blog! Stop by and visit-you won't be disappointed. Lots of lovely items in her store!

Pin It button on image hover