Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Your Free Time Belongs to the Lord

Good Morning Saints!
This morning, during my readings and meditation, I came upon a sweet little daily meditation that spoke of our free time---the lack of free time, the need for free time, and the usefulness of free time.  I know that all of you have been in situations where you have planned to take a break from work, family or friends, and found that someone needed your "carved-out" special time. And, I bet you gave them a few minutes or more, because your heart bled for them. Well, being a Christian calls for us to give of ourselves, even when we think we don't have anything left. We just have to ask for the grace of God to deal with our weary bodies and souls. When another is hurting or needs your "ear," you have no recourse other than to help or listen. It is written on your heart. There's no fighting it!  In fact, sometimes, it is when you are at your lowest, that God will reach out and work through you. So, stay steeped in the Word and keep your armor in check. You are "on-call" during your free time! Be blessed!

Scripture for the Day
When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. (Psalm 138:3)


Music for the Day(one of my favorite singers and one of my favorite movies: Imitation of Life!)


Craft for the Day(my free verse)

Pin It button on image hover