Friday, May 27, 2011

I Trust God



Good Morning Saints!
The weather, here in Denver, feels pleasant and sunny. I hope it lasts! I'm so ready for summer;-) Today, my heart is placed upon the subject of trust. We all profess to trust God, but I believe we should really think about what it means to trust in God. Oh, it is easy to say you trust God and profess His goodness and mercy when you are well-feed, content, clothed, employed/monied, surrounded by love-ones, and have a place to lay your head. But, do we really trust Him to supply all of our needs? This is something we must sit on the table and examine, daily. We must trust Him in good and bad times. How many times have we been hit with tragedy, sickness, worry, abuse(mental/physical), and all manner of iniquity---and, immediately felt hopeless or crushed? Honestly, I must say a few of these "shadows" have been placed upon my doorstep and I have reacted as though I didn't have a God. Now, eventually, I came to my senses and realized that the circumstances had gotten the best of me. I have quickly stepped back onto the path of love, hope and faith. As I have grown in His Word and Ways, I tend to look to God in times of need and times of joy--I just look to Him, period! This growth has allowed me to "see" His Hand of love in the midst of chaos. I believe that our trust grows through trials and tribulations. Let us not just say that we have trust in Him.  Instead, let's examine and nurture our trust in the Lord. We must be fed by His Word and stay steeped in prayer and meditation. Let's practice trust, saints. 


Scripture for the Day
Philippians 4:11-12
For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.



Music for the Day

Craft for the Day
(The Star of David created by Cheryl Michaels-by permission)

Pin It button on image hover