Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why Do You Believe in God?


Morning Saints!
This morning I would like to discuss where we find God. As we walk through this life, people tend to ask us serious questions about God and why we believe. Now, for most us, we may reply that God and His love are written upon our hearts.... The very essence of being is God's breath upon us. We feel Him, hear Him, and see Him in everything around us. But, what do we tell a nonbeliever or someone struggling to believe? This is a question that has more than one answer. From my personal experience, the best way to answer the questions posed about Christianity, is to make sure your answers are Biblically based. In other words, know your Bible. Know that your words and explanations are being judged---ask the Lord for discernment before you answer, for your thoughts are flawed. I always let my guard down when talking to people who are questioning my belief in Christ, as this seems to put them at ease and allow me to answer in sincerity. I tell them about the day I actually accepted Christ and how my mind and heart were opened. I also have favorite scriptures that I like to share. Lately, I have thought about having a few Bibles on hand to offer to others. Let me know how you have answered these questions about your faith. Share your answers with us, so that we may become better equipped. Many blessings, saints!

Scripture for the Day

Ephesians 6:10-20 ESV 

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, ...

Music of the Day


Craft for the Day





Pin It button on image hover