Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Love of Jesus is Better Than the Weeds of Sin



Good Morning Saints!
I think summer is finally here, in Denver! 91 degrees is the high for today! Yes! After having my time with the Lord, I tended my garden and pulled weeds. Weeding is a ghastly task! But, it is necessary because weeds choke out my flowers, with their long roots and greediness. That's why we need to weed our temples, too. 

Every day, we need to weed our minds, hearts and souls of the "ignorance" and "selfishness" that is ALWAYS waiting to take over. So, when I'm weeding outside, I try to keep in mind that it is a necessary task, in order for my flowers to flourish. In fact, as I think about the necessity of the task and the reward of  my efforts, the task becomes less irritating--I can honestly say, that I end-up humming and enjoying my weeding.

It's hard to look inside your heart and weed-out old hurts, disagreements, jealousies and bad choices, but it is absolutely necessary, and the more you do it, the better you feel. We have to keep in mind that the love of Jesus is better than those stinky old weeds that we, so desperately, try to hold on to. If we can keep our minds focused on Him and how much He loves us, we will be able to weed our thoughts, words and deeds, every day and throughout the day. It will become a necessity in order for us to move forward with our daily walk. Besides, who wants to walk through cow patties when they can walk through a field of lilies? So, yep, that weeding is necessary! Get to work, saints, and know that I am weeding right along with you. Be blessed!

Scripture for the Day
Psalm 51: 10-12
 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
   and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
   or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


Music for the Day
 

Craft for the Day(repeat)




Pin It button on image hover