Thursday, June 9, 2011

Stay Connected to Jesus

Good Morning Saints!
I hope you are faring well, this morning! It's overcast in Denver and it's a great day to get out in the garden to weed and plant. Today, my heart takes me to the subject of "connectedness." It is important to stay connected to Christ in calm and turbulent times. I say this because we tend to run into His arms in times of trouble, but it is even more sweet to rest in His arms when you are not stressed and feeling scared/hopeless. I can testify to this. It is so sweet and soothing to concentrate on the Savior and bask in His Holy Presence. Try it! You'll love it--I promise! The Lord is just waiting for us to commune with Him and share our thoughts, prayers and love with Him. Yes, He knows everything we think, do and desire, but He wants us to "talk to Him" and "listen to Him"- Jeremiah 29:11-13.

When we are stressed, we tend to concentrate on ourselves, but when we are calm we are a little more open to listening. I believe that the Lord speaks to us, when we are meditating on Him. Yes, we should continue to read His Word, but we must also stay still long enough to pray and listen to Him. I encourage you to stay connected to the Lord and feed your spiritual life with His food for thought. It is the best food that you have ever tasted--indescribably delicious!  Your life...mind, body and soul, will flourish and become an extension of His love. Be blessed, saints!

Scripture for the Day

John 10:27-29

New International Version (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Music for the Day

Craft for the Day(written to give you hope)




Pin It button on image hover