Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boxing for Your Soul!

Good Morning Saints!
It's a pleasure to be able to write this morning! I can feel fall in the air, here in Denver and I love it! Wasn't I just desiring the summer to begin and the blooms to appear, a few months ago?! Yep! Just like the seasons, our desires change, too! I'm so glad that the Lord understands us and loves us, in spite of our tossing and turning.  

Today, my heart is set upon the trials and rugged paths that we experience during our walk with the Lord, as they are many and will continue to appear. Why? That's part of the walk. We don't have to go looking for problems, as they will find us! LOL! Yep! You can try as you might, to stay clear of trials, troubles and challenges, but they are there. You can either run or jump into them, "head-first." Now, I will be the first to admit, I may decide to run depending on the problem. But, I know better! The Holy Spirit will be with me in my trials. I have gone through enough of them, to know that this is true! But, even still, I may run. Now, when you run, you have to stop, eventually. So, at least, while you are running, stay in constant prayer and get "fed-up" on His Word, because you are going to need it! 

As I have grown older, the running has lessened and the "head-first" approach has increased. But, it took a lot of running to get to this point. In fact, it took running from a situation where my strength was needed, to slow me down and turn me around. It took looking back and feeling like a fool, in order to get me to this point. It took forgiving myself and asking the Lord for forgiveness, to get me to this point. So, nowadays, I may think about running, but mostly, I jump into the boxing ring and come out with the intention of dying before running. Yeah, it feels pretty good, but I get scared and I make sure to look to my "corner" for help and guidance, because I know HE is standing right there, ready to give me Water for my thirst, Balm for my scars, a Mouthguard for my words, and Encouragement for my soul. So, saints, come out boxing, today, and know HE is with you!

Scripture for the Week

James 1:12

King James Version (KJV)

 12Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.


Music for the Week(get ready to praise, ya'll)


Crafts for the Week






























Pin It button on image hover