Thursday, August 4, 2011

How Does Appearance Affect Your Acceptance of Others?


Good Morning Saints!
For days, my heart has been filled with thoughts of how the outer appearance affects our acceptance of others. To say that it has no affect on our emotions, is ludicrous. We were given eyes as a tool, but how we use them is up to us. Remember, our eyes can be deceiving, as we must see with our hearts. And, when we see with our hearts, it is only with the help of the Holy Spirit. I often wonder about John the Baptist and how his appearance turned heads and wagged tongues. According to the Bible, he didn't much care for fashionable clothing. I wonder if his hair was combed? Did he make sure his clothing was clean and his shoes were polished before stepping out of his cave? 

Now, there is nothing wrong with looking fabulous and smelling pleasant, but be careful how you look at others. Some people could care less about their clothing and the latest fashions, but house hearts of gold. See them with your heart and not your eyes, for you belong to the Almighty and must see them through Him. And, let's be frank: Someone has had to try and see you through the eyes of the Almighty, in order to tolerate you. Oh, yes, believe it and receive it!  In Proverbs 4:11-12, we read:  "I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble."

Oh, I am so thankful for this Scripture, for I know that I often see with my eyes and not my heart. I know that I walk on crooked paths when not in accordance with the Holy Spirit. I know that I stumble and stray when I am listening with my eyes and not my heart. So, today, saints, I challenge you to take a good look around you, during your daily tasks at work, grocery shopping, lunch break, or running errands. Who do you see and how do you see them? Do you think less of them if they are not well-groomed, clean, and pleasant looking, by your or society's standards? Does their hair really turn you off? Are their clothes a little worn or not fashionable? What is it that makes you look away from another person--block them out--dismiss their presence? I know that I have fallen short in acceptance and I am humbly sorry and repentant. I'm sure I have missed abundant blessings in my blindness of heart. Won't you come with me in cleansing your heart and correcting your sight? Be blessed.

Scripture for the Week
Proverbs 4:23-25
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. 
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.



Music for the Week
Warning: Very Old School and Small Church-a-fied;-)
My grandmother loved these singers-not fancy-just real...
Be blessed and listen with your heart.


Craft for the Week
I wrote this prayer for our new babies,
as we dedicate them to the Lord. Placing these 
in my store, soon.





Pin It button on image hover