Thursday, September 8, 2011

Taking Advantage of Down-Time and Tiredness

Good Morning Saints,
I missed writing last week! Boy, was I tired! But, you know what? I took advantage of this down-time. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, which I can do quite well, I decided to stay steeped in His Word and continuously ask Him to send His Holy Spirit to comfort, confront and correct my life. Now, this was not easy. It felt like thorns in my soul...tossing my thoughts about and confronting all principalities not relating to His Walk. Although I feel refreshed and replenished, I am still a little uneasy--not physically, but on an emotional level. This uneasiness arrives with learning more about myself and how much more I need to grow in the Lord. 

This morning, saints, I challenge you to use your vacation days and down-time to meditate and refresh your soul. You will feel magnificent, but a little uneasy about your "personal truths," as they open your eyes to the core of who you are and who you want to become. All of us are striving, every day, to become more like Jesus and we know that we will fall short in our walk. But, the Good News is: He walks with us every step of the way, allowing us to stumble, but ready to lend His Hand as we reach for comfort. Let us look forward to our time alone and expect and welcome confrontation and correction from the Holy Spirit. Be blessed saints!

Scripture for the Week

Psalm 51

New King James Version (NKJV)
 1 Have mercy upon me, O God,
         According to Your lovingkindness;
         According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
         Blot out my transgressions.
 2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
         And cleanse me from my sin.
 

Music for the Week

Crafts I've Been Working On...
  







         
Pin It button on image hover