Saturday, November 19, 2011

When the Hand of God Sweeps Across Your Life

Good Morning Saints!
It's a cold morning, here, in Denver, and I love it! Most of all, I love being able to share my innermost thoughts with you. It is a privilege that I do not take lightly. I only post every 2 weeks and in that time, I ask the Lord for guidance about my next topic. Well, the topic of today has not only been on my heart-it has happened in my life. In fact, all of my topics are testimonies that have touched or stormed-through my life.

God's Hand is mighty and powerful. Just recently, I prayed fervently that a certain cup be taken from my lips. I was afraid to pray for this, as I didn't know how "the taking-away" would affect all involved--still trying to control things, even in prayer. You see, I know that God answers prayers and that He wants us to think about what we are asking of Him. We are His children and He has raised us well. Therefore, we need to be thoughtful of our prayers. I'm not saying that God gives us whatever we ask for, therefore we should be careful--No, our God knows what we need, before, during and after we ask. But, as we grow in faith, our eyes become more encompassing, seeing the "whole picture," rather than the "self-picture." We become more concerned about others than ourselves, realizing that our prayers should be in line with His Kingdom. 

After much prayer, sleepless nights, tears, and pure exhaustion, I finally realized that the circumstances were too big for me. You see, I would pray for one thing and then take it back, because that scenario may hurt this person or that person. Needless to say, I had to rely on the Lord and not myself to solve the situation. In total surrender, I asked the Lord to send His Holy Spirit to help me "release self" and allow me to "accept and drink" from the given cup. I not only asked this in my heart, I surrendered aloud and accepted the circumstances. The next day, the cup was taken away and utterly destroyed....

Oh, the relief and deep joy that I experienced was indescribable! My faith has grown and I know that His Holy Spirit will guide me when I am lost. The Hand of God sweeps across our lives every minute and every day, but we are too blind to see, feel, or believe it. We must ask and leave it on the altar. On our way to take it from the altar, we must slap our hands and heart and "leave it there," for the Lord will remove the cup or make it tolerable for drinking. Be blessed saints and pay the blessings forward.~Cynthia

Scripture
Psalm 144:2
He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. 

Music: Deliverance

Crafts!!! You may find these items in my shops














Pin It button on image hover