Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Do You Have Religion or a Relationship?

Good Evening Friends,
It has been a month since I have written from my heart. Yes, I have been extremely busy with my online shop, creating inspirational and happy holiday items. I asked the Lord for "more" work and He is giving me work--almost more than I can handle. But, isn't that how it works with the Lord? He blesses you abundantly. You need only "believe" and "prepare" for the on-coming flood of blessings. Yep! This weekend, a friend and I were discussing blessings and how many of us ask "without" an expectant heart. Why is that? If you ask your earthly father or mother for something, you expect that they will help you, or at least, try to help you. So, why is it so hard to believe that the Lord, who is much more reliable, loving and powerful, will give you what you need? Because, we are human and tend to believe in what and who we can see. But, saints, I will tell you, right now, that the Lord will give you your heart's desire. This is my testimony to you. 

How do we get to the point where we depend on Him? We need to build our relationship with the Lord. Talk to Him, day-in and day-out. Depend on Him for your well-being. We can beat the church doors down every Sunday and still only have religion. And, that is just not enough. We have to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. We have to let Him in. Yes, that means giving Him precedence in our lives and trusting Him to guide and protect us. In protecting and guiding us, the Lord gives us eyes to see that which is invisible to many and discernment to go forward or turn around. That may sound a little scary, but it is vital in building our ties with the Lord. You see, His Hand is extended and always has been. It's us who must place our hand in His and begin walking with Him. As we grow closer to the Lord, we will wonder how we ever made it without Him--we will realize how empty our souls were---how shallow "religion" is, compared to a relationship with God. Be blessed, saints and carry those blessings forward, being a blessing to all extensions of your existence. 'Til next time...

Scriptures of Praise
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple… My heart says of you, ‘Seek his face!’  Your face, Lord, I will seek”  (Psalm 27:4, 8).

“How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.  Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young — a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.  Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you… Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked” (Psalm 84:1-4, 10).

Inspirational Music


Just a Few Inspirational Crafts in my Etsy Shop








Pin It button on image hover