Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Appreciating Freedom

Happy 4th of July Saints!
I have been mulling-over this topic for about a month, trying to pull-together what freedom means.... 

Freedom is very precious, yet many of us take it for granted. Every morning, I open my eyes to a safe and secure home. I eat my breakfast, talk to my kids and husband, tend my flower gardens and work in my art studio. Some days, I run a few errands and phone my friends and family members. And, these are just a few of my daily joys! The biggest joy is being able to praise the Lord! I can sit here and write about praising Jesus on my blog and not fear that the military or government will punish me or my family for believing in Christ. Would I have the same joyful and non-threatening environment no matter where I lived in the world?  Probably not. 

Now, I'm not saying that every day is a holiday. I experience sorrow, pain and grief just like everyone else. But, for the most part, we all go about our business in a relatively safe environment, knowing that the police are a phone call away and that our servicemen and women are keeping a watchful eye on our country's perimeter. Wow! I don't know about you, but I am thankful for my freedom...the freedom to praise, live and enjoy each new day the Lord has provided. So, right now, I want to praise the Lord for every given day and applaud our servicemen and women for working to ensure our freedom. I do not take my life for granted. I try to live each day, as if it may be my last.  Enjoy your holiday and give much praise to the Lord!

Scripture
Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days, 
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Giveaway Winner for June
Luella Newkirk of http://luellanewkirk.blogspot.com

Giveaway for July! Beautiful art coaster, below! 
To enter the giveaway, please join and leave a comment.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/90388987




















Music-I Won't Go Back!
 

Etsy Christian Crafters!





Pin It button on image hover