Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yes, Lord! But....

Good Morning Friends,
Today, I am joining-in with my friends, over at Faith Barista! The topic for today is, "YES."  This one little word, holds a great deal of significance for us.  It is so easy to respond with, "yes," and not really mean it or care about what you are agreeing to. Right? So many of us say yes to Jesus, family, friends and co-workers. But, do we really mean it?  For me, yes can mean so many things than what it should mean. For instance, I'll say yes, in order...

1.   To be left alone.
2.  To satisfy another's needs.
3.  To move forward with to the next question or task.
4.  To get along with you.
5.  To NOT have to think about it.
6.  To make myself feel good.

And, the list goes on and on. Saying yes, is serious and should not be a ready-response. How many times have we said yes to Jesus and kept right on doing the same things that we were doing before, without a change of heart, attitude, ways and spirit? We have all done it, in one way or another.  As I have grown(and still growing) in my spiritual walk with the Lord, I have learned to think upon the word, yes, before uttering it, carelessly.  I want to say yes and...

1.   Mean it.
2.  Feel it.
3.  Apply it.
4.  Reflect upon the changes that occurred.

Question: When you say, "yes," do you mean it? How does this one little word reflect your relationship with Christ? 

Scripture 

Luke 11:28

New International Version (NIV)
He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Music: God is Tryin' to Tell You Somethin'
From: The Color Purple
 


My Crafts






    

My Etsy Shop, Prayer Notes, is participating in this Superbowl Special!!!  20% off everything, Saturday and Sunday ONLY(Feb. 2nd and 3rd). Check out all of the fabulous shops participating in this special, over at Shabby Lane Shops

Pin It button on image hover